The Plurality University (U+) Network is a non-profit organization, based in France, with members from around the world. Its mission is to explore and open possibilities for the emergence of alternative futures, by mobilizing resources of the imagination (art, fiction, speculation…). Our intuition is that ecological and social transformation comes from questioning representations inherited from the past, by developing capacities to imagine other worlds and other ways of being in the world.
U+ is an open space for sharing and experimentations. It implements and/or welcomes projects that :
- Develop the capacities of individuals and organizations to project themselves and imagine alternatives;
- Make visible discussions around transformation and future imaginaries;
- Draw from artistic and alternative forms the transformations needed for our world.
In its actions, U+ mobilizes several forms of collective work:
- Experimentation and the development of collaborative devices, to collect and make accessible diverse initiatives, to encourage exchanges between researchers, artists and actors, to bring out new questions and new paths of transformation (Narratopias, U+Zine, The Emerging Enterprise, Collective Creative Practices…)
- The organization of events (exhibits, festivals, conferences, workshops, publications…) to make visible and accessible the work around imaginaries and to organize encounters between those who develop these practices, and the public (exhibition “Quand, Soudainement”, Voyage dans les Futurs, Narratopias Festival, …)
- Collaborative elaborations, with communities of “stakeholders”, of contents and methods adapted to their needs, contributing to opening alternative paths towards the future and transformation (Future is now, Rehabilitation of built heritage…).