Between October 2020 and January 2021, the “Emerging organisation” project brought together six major companies (the French Development Agency, Axa, La Poste, Maif, Michelin, Group Vyv), as well as other organizations (Anact, Cooperer pour Entreprendre – a network of freelancers networks) and individuals chosen for their skills. The objective was to explore the future of businesses in a changing world that is prone to repeated and complex crises. The particular focus was on combining “classical” forward-looking aspects and using imagination and fiction.
The collective work was organized through four workshops:
- The first workshop identified the forces of change and the tensions that influence the ongoing and future transformation of companies. It also allowed participants to share artistic and fictional references that, in their view, spoke to the future of businesses ;
- During workshops 2 and 3, participants imagined three fictional enterprises of the future, with the help of three writers: Sophie Coiffier, Catherine Dufour and Ketty Steward;
- Workshop 4 identified the main lines of thought emerging from fictional production, and revisited the contributions of the approach, for both individuals and organizations.
- Futures of Corporations: Trends, Forces of Change and Tensions (.pdf)
- Artistic and fictional “fragments” on the future of corporations and corporations of the future
- Three fictional corporations of the future: Results of the writing workshops (.pdf)
- Imagining the future of corporations: Summary of the collaborative work (.pdf)