This project is part of the Narratopias project
We define a collective creative practice as follows :
A project led by individuals or organizations (artists, researchers, activists, public institutions, NGO’s..) who use artistic formats (fictional writing, theater, design fiction, etc.) with groups to open up the paths for transformations, by:
- Raising awareness;
- Building capacities;
- Creating new spaces for debate;
- Exploring new possibilities and paths.
In 2021, we launched Narratopias in order to answer the recurring call for “new narratives”. In meeting with groups who concretely used “narratives” (in the broadest sense) as a base for transformation, we learned that how and by whom narratives are produced, used and discussed, matters as much as their content.
We want to bring these groups together, in order to:
- Learn from one another: Agoras (encounters wherein practitioners share their experience and methods), interviews of practitioners and researchers…
- Give more visibility to what they do: the Library of Collective Creative Practices
- Define and delineate this field of practice (describe the common grounds, problematize the differences, distinguish them from other practices…): articles…
- And in the future, address shared challenges.
In 2023, we will formalize the first steps of our research in a collective publication and organize an international event.
Are you engaged in collective, participative initiatives using imagination, arts, fiction and narratives to explore and enable real-world transformations? Are you interested in sharing what you do with others? If so, let us know here !
Logs on what went on in past Agora’s
- Agora #1, Feb. 7, 2022 (Agora #1, Feb. 7, 2022)
- Agora #2, March 3, 2022 (Agora #2, March 3, 2022)
- Agora #3, April 20, 2022(Agora #3, April 20, 2022)
- Agora #4, July 18, 2022 (Agora #4, July 18, 2022)