This project is part of the Narratopias project
Collective Creative Practices for Transformation is an open and collaborative research project that aims to gather practitioners, artists and researchers who participate in these kinds of practices in order to exchange ideas, discuss common issues, share methods, towards the delineation of an emerging field of practice.
We define a collective creative practice as follows :
A project led by individuals or organizations (artists, researchers, activists, public institutions, NGO’s..) who use artistic formats (fictional writing, theater, design fiction, etc.) with groups to open up the paths for transformations, by:
- Raising awareness;
- Building capacities;
- Creating new spaces for debate;
- Exploring new possibilities and paths.
In 2021, we launched Narratopias in order to answer the recurring call for “new narratives”. In meeting with groups who concretely used “narratives” (in the broadest sense) as a base for transformation, we learned that how and by whom narratives are produced, used and discussed, matters as much as their content.
We want to bring these groups together, in order to:
- Learn from one another: Agoras (encounters wherein practitioners share their experience and methods), interviews of practitioners and researchers…
- Give more visibility to what they do: the Library of Collective Creative Practices
- Define and delineate this field of practice (describe the common grounds, problematize the differences, distinguish them from other practices…): articles…
- And in the future, address shared challenges.
In 2023, we will formalize the first steps of our research in a collective publication and organize an international event.
Are you engaged in collective, participative initiatives using imagination, arts, fiction and narratives to explore and enable real-world transformations? Are you interested in sharing what you do with others? If so, let us know here !
Logs on what went on in past Agora’s
- Rehearsing the Revolution: changing the story to change reality (Agora #1, Feb. 7, 2022)
- Ingredients for change: collecting and sharing transformative practices (Agora #2, March 3, 2022)
- Stories from 2050: 'futures are a matter of narrative'(Agora #3, April 20, 2022)
- Collectively writing ourselves into alternative futures (Agora #4, July 18, 2022)
- The Things We Did Next: embracing the mess (Agora #5, October 6, 2022)
- The Creatures Framework: creative practices for sustainability (Agora #6, May 23, 2023)
- Laying the first stone of a field of practice (Agora #7, June 13, 2023)